Let us protect your legal rights from the outset
Selecting a real estate agent is more complicated then you might think. It’s not just about who charges the lowest commission or who you ‘click with’ the most.
Did you know that your real estate agent’s engagement terms carry many legal implications? That’s why choosing the wrong agent can have dire consequences when things don’t go to plan.
Your essential 9-point checklist
- Should you obtain a sworn independent valuation prior to engaging an agent?
- Is it important to employ the agent with the lowest commission?
- Are you clear on the legal meaning of all terms of your Agent Authority?
- How long is the agent‘s authority and what is the ‘Continuing Authority Period’?
- Are you clear on when your obligation to pay the agent’s commission ends?
- Are you clear on ALL the costs and commissions you are obliged to pay the agent (e.g. advertising, marketing)?
- Are you at risk of accepting negligent legal advice from your real estate agent about what you should or shouldn’t include in your sales contract?
- Do you need to add special conditions into your sales contract terms?
- Does the purchaser have any legal avenue to exit the contract for any reason?
Call Steven or Simon to help you choose the right agent – and to ensure your interests are protected when selling a property.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter