If you’re an accountant, broker or financial planner, do you know about all the benefits your clients are entitled to as property investors or first home buyers?
Let us give your clients the peace of mind they deserve with these common-sense legal tips.
- With the financial year coming to a close, your clients may need to amend their property manner of holding (e.g. non-dutiable transfer between spouse or trust transfer).
- Poorly drafted special conditions within in any contract can lead to dire consequences. Any additions or variations to a contract need expert legal attention before signing.
- Purchasers of newly-built homes may receive a $10,000 first home-owner grant. They may also be entitled to a 50% saving on their assessed stamp duty.
- A legally watertight ‘Defect Rectification Clause’ within contracts could save your clients thousands. And needless stress at settlement.
- Incurring an unexpected GST liability can destroy your clients’ bottom line and investment goals. Clients must be 100% sure that a contract accurately reflects the GST reality of the transaction – and that their purchasing entity is structured correctly.
- Landlords of retail premises often risk losing secure commercial tenants due to incorrect disclosure of key elements of the lease. Your landlord client must provide a Disclosure Statement to the tenant before the lease is signed.
Call Steven or Simon before your clients sign anything. We can help them negotiate, sign and settle matters more efficiently – without needless complications.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter