With so many supposed ‘experts’ out there, it’s hard to know who to trust. When it comes to real estate agents, it’s especially difficult to know which ones have your best interests at heart.
As a vendor, you engage a real estate agent to sell your property for the best possible price. However, some agents also advise their clients legally about what they should or shouldn’t include in their sale contract. That’s negligent. And potentially illegal.
At Dangerfield Exley, we can help you choose the right agent and supervise the entire sale process, supporting a hassle-free transaction.
This is how it works:
- We meet with you to discuss your specific situation and property sale requirements.
- We liaise with a select group of known agents in your area and present a shortlist based on the best fit for you. You then select and meet with at least two agents from that shortlist.
- We base our selection on the following key requirements; an agent’s longevity of service and reputation, industry-recognised accreditation within their field, professional standards and community service and the ultimate test: ‘Would we recommend this agent to our own family and friends?’
- We take you through the competing agents’ proposals with a fine-tooth comb and advise which one we believe is most favourable.
- After you choose your agent, we scrutinise the formal legal documents (including the Agent Authority and Terms of Engagement) on your behalf. At no additional cost to your legal costs set out below.
- You engage Dangerfield Exley Lawyers to draft your sale documents and any special conditions to ensure everything is watertight.
- We liaise with your agent to secure a purchaser. And if required, we perform all legal negotiations with the purchaser’s representative.
- Your property is sold and all legal work is taken care of up to and including the settlement date.
- Your legal costs for this entire service would be set out $990 plus GST and normal file disbursements.
Contact Directors Steven or Simon to help you choose the right agent.